Thursday, July 31, 2008

Better than having my teeth pulled

Which I did again today. Last two, I hope, and then maybe new ones and some pizza next week.

Anyway, just about the time I was about ready to give up on OpEdNews.com, I find this lurking down near the bottom of the page. This is great stuff and somebody should have said it this way, way sooner. Give it a look:

Article at http://www.opednews.com/maxwrite/diarypage.php?did=8358How Did 'Investor Satisfaction' Ever Get to be a Taxpayer Priority?

After the mortgage crisis, Fannie and Freddie falling flat, Wall street rescues and everyday bank failures, I keep wondering, who is going to bail out the bail-outers? Someone should remind the Fed that they can't just keep printing money forever and that their Chinese Master Card will run dry some day soon. According ot the news this morning, Exxon/Mobil and Shell Oil made about $24B profit between them just in the last quarter. Maybe we should borrow the money from them?

Life goes on in Texas.

No comments: